Restaurants are unique compared to other businesses. They have busy times and slow time. They can base some of this on time of day and when people eat their normal meals. There are also many times when a restaurant can become busy in other times as well.
Mobile technology can address some of the issues a restaurant has.
Being able to streamline both ordering and billing in an app is a big plus. This benefits both the restaurant and their customers. With app building being easier with easy to use interfaces and platforms you don’t have to break the bank to have an app for your restaurant. It also makes branding your restaurant much easier.
It is estimated that by the year 2020 there will be around 6 billion smartphones out there. This is because they make up the majority of mobile devices.
The amount of time that people spend on their smartphones and using apps is increasing everyday. As such more apps are being created in the services industry. This is benefiting both the customer and the business.
So you may be asking why restaurant apps are catching on?
- Reservations is a big reason. Customers can book their table from the app easily. The restaurant can plan accordingly knowing when they will have the biggest crowds and staffing properly.
- Simplifying ordering by allowing customers to order from their device. They can place and pay for their order, give the time they want to pick up or dine in. Again, this benefits both sides.
- The billing process is more convenient with an app. With so many ways to pay, having an app that takes care of this process makes it easier. The customer can even calculate the tip with the app.
- Restaurants can automate some of the customer engagement. Print media used to be the primary way to get promotions out there. Now, people are using their mobile devices more every day, social media apps has changed this greatly. Notifications can be easily sent to tell the customer about deals and specials. In-app loyalty programs take away the need for the old school punch cards.
- Entrepreneurs are competing to give their customers both ease and convenience. Because your app can actually help the bottom line of your business, it can help yours as well. Address a specific issue or set of issues. You can also improve on solutions that are already available. In the food service industry there is plenty of room for innovation thru technology. With the platforms available will guide one thru the development process. Included is assistance with publication, distribution and monetization of the product as well.
To conclude we see how much mobile technology is giving the power to the food service industry. This helps to create an amazing yet simple dining experience. While there are plenty of services to help guide you through the app building process, and whether you own or manage a restaurant, or you just want to make an app; there are plenty of resources out there to help you get your business into this exciting and growing world of food service technology.